Electronics design and development e.g. switched mode power supply for different DC loads e.g. DC Fan, Gate drivers etc.
2. Different topology of dc/dc converters and its control topologies
3. Selection of electronics components e.g. capacitors, inductors, diodes, op-amps, resistors, voltage regulators etc.
4. Creating Bill of Materials(BoM)
5. Testing of PCB Assembly in Laboratory
6. Simulation of circuits in LTSpice/PSpice
7. Mentoring PCB layout engineers for placement of components.
Necessary Functional Skills required for this job Functional Skills-
8. Good understanding of electronics design, Various topology of DC/DC converters(SMPS etc), filter design etc.
9. Hands on experience in Electronics hardware testing in the laboratory & prototyping
10. Selection of components e.g. diodes, capacitors, resistors, voltage regulators, Mosfets, inductors, SMDs, controller and regulators etc.
11. Good understanding of PCB Layouting
12. Sound knowledge of IEC standards for low power circuits
13. Good analytical capabilities
14. Handling BoMs and specifications
15. Vendor development and management
16. Simulation skills in LTSpice, PSpice
17. Knowledge of Board level EMI/EMC issues
18. Sound knowledge of magnetics(e.g. high frequency transformers, inductors etc.)
19. Innovation for new circuit topologies
20. Desirable Soft skills in MS Excel, LTSpice, PSpice, Matlab etc.