General Scope & Summary :
- Manages sales directly to end-users of the organization's products or services in a large specified geographic area, or is responsible for a specific industry or product segment on a national or geographic basis.
- Incumbents at the Director and Senior Director level typically manage other sales managers. Incumbents at the Manager level may manage only individual contributor sales account managers and may carry their own sales quota.
- The incumbent's level may be determined by the size of the geographic area of responsibility (e.g., region vs. district vs. branch), the size or significance of the industry or product segment for which the incumbent is responsible, or other factors. Responsible for the overall sales strategies and results of a major geographic/continental area, region, or country.
- Plans and directs all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts, developing policies as well as staffing and training of the sales force. May have responsibility for the pre-sales function. Establishes short and long term goals and quotas in line with corporate objectives.
Primary Role & Responsibilities :
- Overseeing and directing the sale of the organization's products and services in the territory.
- Develops sales strategies and forecasts sales volumes for all products and channels in territory.
- Planning and implementing forecasts, develop policies, staffing and training of sales force.
- Establish short and long term goals and quotas in line with corporate objectives.
- Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for Sales activities in the territory.
- Manages the activities of territory, with responsibility for people management and business results. Participates in setting of business objectives. May manage first level managers.
- Sets business objectives for area of responsibility.
- Develops and manages budgets, people, and performance goals for unit.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills :
- Manages activities of territory.
- Ability to communicate complex information to executives, customers, employees and partners.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills. Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
- Exercises judgment to achieve business results.
- Works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible factors.
- Exercises judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.