- The Director of Consulting Services at SmartConnect contributes to the growth and maturity of our firm across our focus areas.
Clients (40%) :
- Ability to understand drivers in the marketplace, and provide insight and guidance to the strategic vision and objectives for assigned accounts.
- Ability to actively own and manage 2-3 client relationships simultaneously, developing and meeting growth objectives through client relationship development and engagement delivery oversight.
- Own the creation and delivery of account plans for assigned clients that include performance objectives, financial and profitability targets, critical milestones, and relationships development strategies.
- Leverage your consulting expertise and experience to mature client relationships into partnerships that enable you to understand our clients- challenges, shape new opportunities, proactively manage risks or respond to issues, and achieve our Net Promotor Score goal.
- Develop proposal and contract strategies, approaches and pricing to accurately capture the scope and approach for client engagements that engages the SmartConnect team to create the right blend of capabilities, and allows traceability to specific activities and deliverables for our teams.
- Evaluate engagement deliverables to provide insight that improves the overall content and ensure we meet SmartConnect quality standards.
Consultants (25%) :
- Mature our consulting culture through leadership, coaching, management, motivation and encouragement of SmartConnect consultants around the achievement of performance objectives, the growth of individual careers, the delivery of services, and the management of client interactions.
- Guide and support acquisition of the talent required to deliver consulting engagements to the level of SmartConnect's brand and reputation for quality and service.
- Manage consulting engagement leadership team, developing and managing to specific performance objectives tied to annual corporate strategy for all levels, and coaching and mentoring teams to achieve or exceed these objectives.
- Be familiar with general human resources policies and procedures, and have a general understanding of how to handle issues with the utmost integrity.
Corporate (20%) :
- Experience with corporate strategic planning activities in a consulting organization to create and mature the vision, and design supporting goals, objectives and initiatives to achieve firm and/or account growth targets.
- Demonstrated understanding of role and importance of consulting corporate culture, and experience maturing organizations for service quality excellence and high performance.
- Demonstrated ability envision and create strategic plans associated with managing and growing consulting accounts within a specific industry vertical.
- Experience providing regular reports on achievements and metrics related to corporate or account growth strategies, and feedback on the successes and challenges that contribute to that status.
- Ability to aid in the maturing of operational processes and programs to support the scalability and growth of SmartConnect
Capabilities (15%) :
- Engage with our capability development teams to blend SmartConnect capabilities into a fit for purpose solution for client engagements to address critical challenges or opportunities.
- Support the development and maturing of SmartConnect capabilities leveraging your insight, experience and expertise in business strategy and transformation from multiple consulting client engagements.
- Support marketing activities to develop intellectual property and advertise SmartConnect's capabilities via social media, client relationships, professional organizations and personal networks.
Required Education, Experience, Skills, and Attributes :
- Master's Degree in a related field such as computer science, business administration or engineering. Advanced degree in an area of specialization is preferred.
- 10 - 15 years of relevant consulting experience.
- At least 7 years of experience leading teams.
- At least 3 years of organic sales experience with responsibilities for and success in achieving sales quotas.
- Demonstrated ability to tailor communications to audiences, and possession of strong written and oral communication and storyboard skills.
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Expertise and experience providing consulting services for business strategy and transformation engagements across multiple clients/industries.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing multiple responsibilities and assignments and proactively communicating status and challenges.
- Eagerness to mentor staff, and demonstrated ability to inspire and create a high performance culture.