Develop and implement Financial control strategies to ensure
- Proper cash flow requirements of the Company and highlight the sourcing of necessary funds
- Foreign currency transactions on export and imports and Forward cover of transactions if required
- Compliance of Excise, Service Tax, State VAT, Income Tax provisions
Ensure the capital structure guidelines are adhered to attain the lowest weighted average cost of capital
- Decide and manage appropriate debt-equity ration
- Analyse the interest liability of the capital structure
Ensure effective utilization of funds deployed in projects by:
- Assuming role of a project manager for all projects undertaken by Finance division ( nature of these projects may include fixed asset register updation, financial policies review, general ledger scrutiny, documentation policy etc.); ensure that these projects meet desired objectives within time and cost constraints / deadlines
- Appropriate operation control mechanisms (e.g. appropriate credit limits, optimum working capital, etc) and financial controls to minimise business risk
- Implementation of robust information management systems- SAP, to ensure rapid and real time capture and storage of information
- Existence of a robust framework of internal Financial Control in the company, as well as assume overall responsibility for laying down policies and procedures in the area of financial accounting that meet all company and statutory requirements"
Working capital management for the smooth running of business through robust implementation of operational and financial controls
Build and maintain relationship with banks and other lending institutions
- Select banking partners
- Negotiate SLAs, etc.
Prepare timely budgets (revenue and cost)
- Preparation of Budget, MIS and Co-ordination of Financial and Accounting matters of KBL.
- Consolidation of Capital Budget requirements of all Divisions and reporting the monthly status of utilisation of Capital expenditure and evaluate high various investment proposals from the point of economic viability considering the parameters to be considered (budget assumptions)
Establish and implement financial and accounting checks and balances
- Review non-compliances to accounting processes
- Provide direction for key accounting treatments
- Ensure proper accounting and consolidation of financial data of all divisions and other related reports for the company.
Provide direction during the statutory audit process and sign off on the final accounts and management comments
- Ensure timely completion of the activities of Statutory Audit / Tax Audit in co-ordination with Internal Audit"
Perform the role of a people manager for the team
- Manage and support recruitment, set KRA's for direct reports, monitor overall team's KRA's, conduct performance appraisal, ensure clarity and delineation of individual roles, appropriate delegation of responsibility
- Facilitate the development of subordinates through constant on and off the job learning, job rotation, etc
- Oversee staff deployment and drive motivation levels of the team, monitor staff welfare and facilitate complaint resolution, manage efficiency levels and drive timely delivery of all operational targets