• Perform profiling task in informatica, based on various dimensions (i.e. Completeness, Accuracy, Conformity / Precision, Validity, Uniqueness, Integrity, Timeliness and Comprehensiveness)
• Able to independently draft SQL rules (in Oracle or Informatica) and create test cases, perform SIT and UAT testing to test those rules.
• Perform QA of Data Quality (DQ) rules so that all DQ rules meet Data Governance guidelines / template requirements before they are sent to IT
• Ensure all the rules are managed via the centralized DQ master rule book.
• Ensure there are no overlaps of DQ rules across workstreams for the same data element and source systems
• Suggest guiding principles for effective DQ rule writing.
• Ability to write complex SQL queries in Oracle independently – without any assistance.
• Have a good understanding of the data flows and propose / define DQ rules for key data elements along the data journey i.e. from source system to reporting
• Review the transformation specifications written by various workstreams and propose additional DQ rules
• Collaborate with the team on the work involving data management, referential data usage, reconciliations and data consistency.
• Participation in data quality investigation and root cause analysis
• Able to work with large data in excel; streamline it with help of macro or MS Access db.
• Work extensively with the Issue Management & Remediation team and reconciliation business owners regarding identified data quality and reconciliation issues.
• Understand the requirements for data quality metrics and accordingly generate dashboards
• Able to summarize critical issues in commentary format along with charts, bar or pie diagrams and able to generate status report for senior and executive management group. Hence should also have good excel and power point skills.
• Define & implement standard reporting process, process enhancement, creating SOP’s and matrix to support the sustained execution of the data quality program, including linkage to other key programs within Data Governance such as issues management, reconciliation, data trace and documentation review process.
• Define and implement standard tools and training processes for proper backup in team.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
• Flexibility to lead or participate in other data governance initiatives or programs.
• Effective communication across multiple teams including development team (IT) and other stakeholders. Ability to translate business requirements and work with development teams throughout resolution, implementation and delivery.
• Act as the first line of contact to interface with Data Governance business users.
• Bachelor’s Degree, along with 5 to 8 years of experience in any of the below:-
o Business Analysis in a financial institution,
o Data Quality rules requirement gathering and its maintenance, UAT testing,
o Dashboards requirement gathering,
o Data management area related to corporate banking or capital markets or both.
• Solid knowledge of financial industry and related products
• Experience in one or many of these data quality tools and reporting tools/applications; Informatica, Collibra, OBIEE, Tableau, OFSAA, Intellimatch etc.
• Proficient in MS Office applications; MS Project, MS Visio, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS Access.
• Able to write SQL queries independently.
• Able to understand Regulatory initiatives like – Basel II, Basel III, Dodd Frank and CCAR.
• Knowledge of working on Informatica would be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of advanced formulas & pivot tables in excel would be added advantage.
• A self-starter who can take the process a level ahead and have the ability to think out of the box, suggest changes and challenge status quo.
• Ask questions and understand the larger picture for the tasks assigned.
• Display a sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
• Good in both oral and written communication skills. Should be able to convey the message in both forms, in meetings and business development discussions.
• Excellent organization, analytical and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and creatively address various topics on-hand.
• Ability to work independently and become an effective team member.
• Prior experience in similar profile or business analysis, strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills would be an added advantage.
• Communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals. Clearly conveys information and ideas while listening and responding appropriately to all stakeholders
• Sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
• Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines while delivering high quality results
• Able to negotiate competing requirements to reach consensus during meetings.
• Draws information from the market and applies broad knowledge base to make timely and logical decision that provides practical solutions for customers and others.