- BE/BTech or an equivalent degree with high technical expertise
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience in a multinational company setup
- Should be able to identify and analyze team & client requirements to deliver excellence
- High command of verbal and written English. Bilingualism is an asset.
- Self motivated, team player, action and results oriented
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight schedule
Job Description :
The Data Manager will be responsible for developing and fully documenting processes for the following.
1. CDV - Common Data Values Mgt - Essentially Building a data dictionary of all Data Fields used in all Developments in the Business from Stand Alone Developments to Integrations. The purpose of the Dictionary is to ensure all future developments use the same data types, names, sizes and precision when being used in future developments or modifications. This dramatically cuts development time and documentation time.
2. Database Mgt - Database Development, Migration, Memory sizing etc. A key role in the service. No data field, database or table should be implemented without going through a DBA in this team. Stored Procedures/ Views may be developed by the Development team but can only be put live by a DBA.
3. Table Design & Implementation
4. Query Optimisation - Slow running queries to be optimised by the team. The Manager must specify the process to deliver this. The Manager will be skilled within the team to deliver this highly complex function.
5. Security Mgt - Mainly database and Linux security, but should cast an eye over PHP development where it falls outside a framework.
6. Production Environment
7. Linux OS MGt - Manage all Linux instances
8. Amazon/Rackspace - Manage the Cloud providers ensuring failovers and backups take place. A key element of this role will also be the management of failovers and Disaster Recovery for cloud providers.
9. Backups & Recovery for Cloud and Internal databases.
10. Liaising with Development teams.