- Good in SQL Server RDBMS architecture concepts
- Usage of System catalogs on Query Analyzer
- Space management including Filegroups
- Managing Transaction log files
- User management
- Backup and recovery methods using Enterprise Manager and Query Analyser.
- Logical backup and recovery using export/import from one instance to another.
- SQL network configuration ( using Server / Client Network utilities)
- Database performance tuning.
- Trouble shooting database issues
- Basic SQL and T/SQL knowledge
- Working knowledge of Windows (Windows 2000, Windows 2003)
- Working Knowledge of SQL Server Cluster.
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2005
- Use of problem and change management tools
- Must have excellent team working skills balanced with ability to work alone and a positive attitude.
- Customer focus
- Communication skills # Good English speaking/writing skills.