- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience in database development, information systems design and analysis
- 7+ years of experience with MPP database technologies like Greenplum(Pivotal) and the design and implementation of enterprise-level data modeling/data architecture of data warehousing and the support of business intelligence initiatives.
- Hands on experience with data modeling software like -ERWIN/ERSTUDIO
- 5+ years of experience data modeling, designing, implementing, and performance management of large scale data warehousing initiatives
- Awareness and exposure to Hadoop/Big Data Technology
- Strong grasp of advanced SQL writing and query tuning/optimization
- Strong documentation skills (source-to-target mappings, LDM, PDM, etc)
- Strong written / oral communication and organizational skills
- We're looking for a Data Warehouse Architect/Data Modeler to help us during our data modernization efforts. This individual will be responsible for the design and management of the data warehouse that supports our new Enterprise Data Warehouse initiative.
- Big Data may be a buzz word these days, but at Genworth, we're constantly trying to find ways to uncover hidden truths within our data and provide our business with new information and capabilities.
Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a leading Fortune 500 insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives, families and futures. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, Genworth has approximately 5,500 employees operating through three divisions around the world. For more information on employment opportunities, please visit genworth.com/employment. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a solid understanding of the company's data model and the ability to design solutions and processes which combine disparate data into meaningful reporting and analysis for customers and internal audiences.
- Understanding complex data relationships and business requirements and formulate efficient and reliable solutions to difficult problems.
- Communication and analytical skills to work with business owners, stakeholders, developers and DBAs.
- Design and implementation of relation and star schema modeling.
- Articulating data definitions, content domains, data classes, subject area classification, and conformed dimensions.
- Collecting, maintaining, and publishing corporate metadata related to the modeling.
- Enforcing data governance standards, policies, and procedures for the design and proper use and care of data
- Developing, managing, and updating data models, including physical and logical models of the data warehouse, data mart, staging area, and the operational data store and source systems
- Working with business owners to define and understand business requirements of the enterprise data warehouse.
- Understanding the company's transactional system and data sources and identifying gaps in business processes
- Ensuring data accuracy in the early life cycle of the project.
- Performing data modeling based on Dimensional Fact Model (DFM) principle - Assisting in the design of the company's data extraction, staging and loading to data warehouse processes to ensure that data is as consistent, clean and accurate as possible
- Acting as a key liaison to the company's Data Management Leader and developers, developing solutions to design problems, increasing efficiency and performance, and recommending best practices for data warehouse-driven reporting and analytics
- Developing technical documentation including requirements documents, process overviews, and data models/data flow.
- Interacting with data stewards for data definitions, consistency, quality, privacy, security, and conflict resolution.
- Supporting the metadata strategy as it pertains to data governance and model metadata capture.