• In conjunction with the Head, Country Cluster South Asia and Head of Communications, Asia Pacific, this position will develop and execute a long term internal, external and marketing communications strategy and associated planning for the company in the South Asia Cluster, namely India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan) to all relevant stakeholders
• This position will provide strategic oversight of all internal communications, media relations, corporate social responsibility and (where appropriate) public affairs activities for group Companies in South Asia to support the delivery of business goals.
• Provide guidance and support to the Head, Country Cluster South Asia and his Leadership Team.
• Provide counsel on communications matters to the Head, Country Cluster South Asia and the Leadership Team, in consultation with Head of Communications, Asia Pacific for alignment.
• Assume the role as brand identity champion for compliance with corporate and product design/branding, and liaise with Regional Communications to ensure alignment.
• In close collaboration with Sales & Marketing teams, drive and implement customer communications activities based on Marketing strategy,
• Establish and actively manage an integrated customer communications approach, depending on customer requirements, covering e.g. fairs & events, digital, print, advertising, involving internal and external (PR) communications wherever necessary
• Customer communications execution: adaptation of globally available communication materials and development of new communication material (where required), e. g. printed collaterals (brochures, flyers, datasheets, catalogues…), videos/moving pictures and campaigns incl. advertisement both visually and in terms of messaging; oversee and steer production of communication materials
• Define and manage required customer communications budget in alignment with regional & country marketing & sales team; proactively engage with key business stakeholders at an early stage of their planning and development
• Support the consistent delivery of new sales through proactive customer communications, including e.g.: brand management, Social Media communication, acceleration of e-channel development, sales promotion
• Conduct and use of market/customer/competitor research in alignment with Group Communications Market Research
• Alignment of communication concepts and local requirements across the different functions as well as across the business
• Serves as a communications expert to South Asia Country Cluster Head and the Heads of Sales and Marketing for the rest of the South Asia Cluster countries for internal change and communication counsel and consultative support.
• Develop and implement internal communications strategies and programmes; create and deliver plans that drive employees’ understanding of company priorities and key initiatives through engagement and alignment with the company’s business strategy.
• To be responsible for ensuring an appropriate mix of electronic and print channels so that all employees have line-of-sight to The Group’s Vision, and understand how they contribute to delivering the company’s business goals
• Oversees content compilation of all internal communications vehicles, including Intranet, e-mail announcements and newsletters.
• Develops understanding of cross-functional subject matters and deliver news and information to the relevant areas of the business, in regular alignment with Regional Internal Communications
• Identifies and analyses business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of media and channels
• Provides tools for leaders/managers on how to spot and identify opportunities for engaging their employees through inclusive dialogue
• Regularly aligns with Regional Internal Communications to exchange news and information that impact on business goals and messaging, actively exchanging knowledge on best practices.
• Partners with Regional Information Services to identify, leverage and integrate technology that will increase the effectiveness and timeliness of internal communications.
• Custodian for internet/intranet, including updates and liaison with the technical team for issues and users access.
Media Relations & Public Relations
• In conjunction with Regional Communications, develop and implement local media relations plans that inform external stakeholders: customers, communities, government agencies, prospective employees, investors and joint venture partners
• Offer external communications counsel and support to the South Asia Country Cluster Head and the Heads of Sales and Marketing of the South Asia Cluster countries.
• Serve as primary liaison with the South Asia Country Cluster Leadership Team, Regional Communications, and the media.
• Write speeches / public platform presentations as required for senior leaders
• Monitor media coverage about group companies in South Asia and its competitors
• Respond to crisis communication events and minimise reputational damage through an appropriate mix of external channels and networks, including Social Media
Corporate Social Responsibility
• Support the South Asia Country Cluster Head and the Heads of Sales and Marketing of the South Asia Cluster countries in the development and implementation of a CSR strategy and plan for their countries. This is likely to include:
o the creation of a CSR steering committee
o the identification and alignment of existing CSR activities and budgets
o working with the Heads of HR, SHEQ and the Leadership Teams to ensure the delivery of an effective, aligned and integrated approach to CSR across the RBU
o tracking and managing stakeholder inquiries (e.g. from customers) on sustainability issues
o measurement of, and reporting on, CR activities and KPI to the Group
• Share best practices from RSE/APac and likewise from South Asia countries to RSE.
• Provide communication guidance on issue management, in line with Global/Regional practice.
• Custodian for the crisis management protocol and process.
• Identify local need for crisis communications training.
• LT & Line Managers
• PR Consultants
• Government Bodies
• Regional Communications Centre of Excellence team
Required critical behaviours (suggest ca. 9)
• Business Acumen
• Strategic Thinking
• Visible Leadership
• Customer Focus
• Decision-Making & Execution
• Functional & Technical Competence
• Ability to listen, and through listening, to influence
• Results delivery
Required key skills (functional/technical)
• Builds partnerships and relationships across functions
• Customer focused, collaborative and influencing
• B2B business acumen and understanding of B2C business is an advantage
• Experience in internal, external communications, and marketing communications and integrated channel management
• Solid understanding of customer communications campaign planning and execution
• Familiar with digital marketing and social media
• Experience in working with in a multinational company with multiple stakeholders and able to work in a collaborative and creative environment
• Integrated thinking combined with strategic thinking and strong executional skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) both in English and Bahasa Melayu
• Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Office applications & Publishing applications