Objective / Purpose of duty:
This individual will be a member of the Control Applications Team that applies technology and the principles of control theory, thermodynamics and heat transfer to develop models, algorithms, control sequences and system solutions for Building Automation systems (BAS) and commercial HVAC equipment control.
This position will initially be responsible for the implementation and test of control applications for commercial HVAC systems (air side and water side) and standalone equipment with an emphasis.
1. Must be an analytical thinker and must be disciplined in applying robust design methodologies and engineering principles (modeling, simulation, data acquisition etc.) to develop and realize solutions.
2. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently but must also be able to interface directly with electronics engineers, mechanical engineers, software developers, systems engineers and research engineers to develop system-wide solutions.
3. Qualified candidates will be able to present a history of technical individual contributions and examples of working on or leading a project from requirements to deployment.
4. Participate in Model implementations, writing extensive Unit test cases and Reviews.
5. Able to multitask to work on different projects.
6. Share knowledge with team and demonstrate team spirit.
1. On-time completion of assigned project deliveries
2. Participate in Quality assurance, improvement activities and auditing.
3. Improve technical competencies and skill levels based on project requirements and inputs from Technical lead/Analyst
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
1. Professional experience in product development life cycle (model based designing) using Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow.
2. Proficient at modeling control system related algorithms using Simulink and Stateflow.
3. Experience in performing Model-In-Loop Testing and Debugging.
4. Knowledge of different Testing methods and Tools.
5. Familiar with M-scripting and S-Functions implementation.
6. Ability to program in C, C++, or C# using Visual Studio is a plus.
7. Experience of working on Configuration Management Tools- GitHub and SVN.
8. Must have a strong background in one or more of the following: Control system design, Feedback control theory, System modeling, Thermodynamics/Heat transfer, Optimization, and Numerical methods.
9. Familiar with commercial or industrial building control systems.
10. Knowledge of commercial HVAC/Building Automation Systems and/or equipment.
11. Familiar with microprocessor-based controls and development tools (compiler, emulators, simulator, debuggers, etc.)
12. Demonstrated ability to take a project through test to final deployment.
13. Understanding of a product development life cycle through Requirements to final deployment.
14. Strong documentation and presentation skills with the confidence and ability to work with senior executives
15. Strong communication skills to interact with colleagues, partners and customers
16. Demonstrated ability to stand out, overcome barriers and deliver results.
17. Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new systems
18. Self-learner, able to work with autonomy