COGNOS System Engineer/Admin
- Collaborating with the architecture and development team leads to provide hands-on analysis and resolution of issues to improve internal product operational efficiency and streamline 24/7 support capabilities
- Hands-on implementation of standards, processes, and procedures related to application infrastructure setup, administration, security, clustering, upgrade management, monitoring, capacity planning, fail-over, and disaster recovery, etc.
- Monitoring and providing support for multiple Cognos environments
- Ability to work analytically to solve both tactical and strategic problems simultaneously
- Deploy BI Application reports/packages to all environments
- Technical planning and implementing of tools/solutions to improve the application architecture in terms of performance, resiliency, availability, and scalability.
- Provide second & third level support as required.
- Proactive approach to BI Application monitoring
- Evaluate, understand and implement patches to Cognos environment
- Ensure environment security follows best practices
- Attend reoccurring working sessions as applicable
- Follow Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices and procedures
- Setup new database connections and security procedures with the BI Applications
- Participate in: Cognos architecture, Cognos query tuning, Cognos capacity planning.
- Work closely with architects and infrastructure groups to ensure system stability and longevity
- Some production support duties during off-hours and weekends
AIX System Admin-
- Expert knowledge of AIX/Unix Operating systems
- Strong knowledge of directory concepts (i.e. LDAP, Kerberos, Active Directory integration)
- Strong knowledge of AIX/Unix security
- Knowledge of security as it applies Web, Application and Database servers
- Familiar with various applications stacks (LAMP, ESX/i, Web Sphere, etc.)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and port configurations.
- Demonstrates strong technical and analytical skills
- Pay attention to technical detail and focus on quality of service
- Willing to take responsibility and handle multiple tasks
- Team-player with good inter-personal and communication skills