Responsible for smooth and efficient operation of Satellite Day Care Centres (chain of appx 20-25 bed capacity day-care centres catering to OPD, Dialysis & Chemo requirements of patients) attached to the Hospital, including Project Management, management of the profit and loss statement for the business, as well as the related resources associated with the Satellite Day Care Centre operations. Also responsible for integrating the strategic plan of the organization with the operations through identifying new avenues of business through adding Satellite Day Care Centres.
This position is responsible for the management of the daily back office operations using resources responsibly for meeting customer service targets and planning areas of improvement and development. They will provide leadership to Team Supervisors to develop, motivate and inspire staff to maximize customer experience. Works closely with operations contacts and support groups to define and implement processes that support Customer Care objectives.
1. Contribute to the strategic and corporate direction and management of the Trust as a Chief Operations Officer (Satellite Day Care Centres);
2. Partners with CEO and the leadership team to develop the strategic and operational goals and needs of the organization and supports strategy implementation.
3. Monitors financial performance to ensure budgeted volumes, revenues and expenses are realized.
4. Develops annual operating objectives and plans for the areas assigned. Develops programs related to service line growth strategy.
5. Oversees a variety of capital projects, revamping projects, operating initiatives including facilitation of multiple stakeholders, setting and driving goals and timeliness, developing implementation plans and ensuring project execution.
6. Establishing the order or priorities of all construction/renovation and special projects to minimize disruption of Centre services.
7. Develops management team to make effective decisions and delegates- authority to most appropriate level.
8. Creates environment that facilitates innovative delivery of care for inpatient, outpatient, and the community it serves.
9. Directs overall operations to include budget development and management, physician and non-staff productivity, marketing, and budgeting.
10. Leads teams to execute on service line transitions, new services/programs and operational enhancements/changes.
11. Collaborates with all staff in the development and measurement of performance goals for quality, cost, growth, people and innovation.
12. Provides leadership to ensure attainment of strategic objectives and short and long term growth planning processes.
13. Provides a liaison between the medical staff and clinical departments; promotes environment of collaboration with medical staff and hospital clinical departments to provide for the needs of patients.
14. Develop and foster effective collaboration between clinical departments, divisions, medical staff leadership and other services in the Centres to ensure an integrated approach to provide services, and fulfilling the clinical, research and educational goals and objectives;
15. Work through the management team and medical leadership of the hospital, serving as a resource to help reduce costs in Satellite Day Care Centres, enhance revenues, achieve effective utilization and quality goals and objectives, analyze and utilize information to develop and support management decisions;
16. Communicate key information to the stakeholders of various service areas with respect to managed care, marketplace needs, the competitive environment, cost management, and customer-focused services;
17. Participates with other administrative team members in promoting physician and employee satisfaction; initiates corrective actions, as needed.
18. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein as may be assigned or delegated by CEO or Board of Trustees.