Seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Company as Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (CFO), reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Board of Directors, and helping to lead the Company's growth into a more mature organization with deep technical and operational competencies.
- The CFO will support the development and execution of strategic planning efforts and oversee the Company's finance and accounting, government contracting, and related administrative functions.
- The CFO shall be responsible for providing strategic financial leadership for the organization by working with the Executive Officers and other management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
- An experienced leader and financial executive with appropriate Government contracting experience. An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong financial focus.
- A well organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- An excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts and all areas of financial administration.
- A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective and is well versed in systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of responsibilities, including the following:
- Senior Leadership: Contribute as a senior leader on the Company's executive team to the development and execution of strategic planning efforts, including participation with substantial expected contribution at board meetings and senior management review sessions.
- Accounting & Finance: Oversee the sustainment and improvement of accounting and business information systems used to track, report, and control accounting, financial, timekeeping, payroll, and contract information
- Treasury Management: Maintain the Company's weekly cash flow forecasting and lead its credit/banking relationships to ensure All Points can support operations and strategic initiatives.
- Financial Planning & Analysis: Direct the preparation of all forecasts, budgets, and financial reports, including but not limited to including backlog and program reports, income statements, balance sheets, statement of cash flows, monthly management reports, and board meeting materials.
- Competitive Pricing & Indirect Cost Rate Maintenance: Oversee proposal pricing activities related to the bid and proposal of government/ industrial contracts; ensure accurate maintenance of indirect cost pools, including forward pricing rates, billing rates and incurred cost rates. Oversee the effective compliance with the Audit Agency (- AA- ) and other organizations.
- Program Control: Oversee program control functions related to the Company's financial performance and continuous improvement on government programs.
- Taxation: Oversee the preparation of tax information required by shareholders and filings required by state and national agencies as required.
- Audit and Compliance: Lead audits to include (i) an annual financial audit, (ii) any required by the AA, prime contractors, or other parties, and (iii) any required by the Internal Revenue Service (- IRS- ) or other tax authorities.
- Government/ Industrial Contracts: Manage the government / industrial contracting and compliance functions of the Company.
- Acquisitions & Strategic Transactions: Participate in the development, execution, and integration of include acquisitions, joint ventures, and internal research and development (- IR&D- ) investments.
- Business Procedures: Responsible for development and implementation of policies and procedures that will improve the overall effectiveness, compliance and operation of the organization
Team Leadership: Perform all management functions to effectively and efficiently manage the staff, including ensuring proper training, determining standards of performance and fostering a cooperative and harmonious working environment conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity. Conduct performance and salary reviews and establish professional development goals for all staff.
Qualification, Experience & Skill Sets:
1. CA or CPA with 18+ years of professional financial and accounting experience, including financial leadership roles
2. Prior government/ industrial contracting experience, including relevant experience in most of the following areas: Acquisition Regulations (AR), Audits, finance/accounting, indirect rates, financial planning & analysis, program control, audit & compliance, government contracts and proposal pricing
3. Successful track record of recruiting and retaining a high-quality, diverse team
4. History of uncompromising integrity, sound judgment, strong work ethic, an ego under control, being proactive/coachable, the capacity to build trust/respect, and excellent performance
5. Focus on and commitment to continuous improvement with a strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
6. Interest in working within an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, and hyper-responsive environment
7. Strong presentation, communication, and inter-personnel skills
8. Computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard accounting and business software packages
9. Willingness to travel and ability to work effectively with geographically dispersed teams