Lead the team in risk modeling using AIR models. Understand and comprehend details of AIR model methodologies, its limitation and accuracy. In-depth knowledge of different attributes, modifiers and peril region combinations.
- Need to be very strong in domain knowledge.
- Should be an individual contributor as well as a team leader.
- Your primary role will ensuring risk assessment of individual accounts on submitted values, as well as various construction, protection and occupancy features which would be determined through the description provided in the schedule.
Essential Job Functions :
- Understand location information, prioritize high value and high risk location
- Format, scrub and arrange data in a manner understood by model and ensure all logical checks are in place in data
- Accurate and timely account pricing looking at service level agreements
- Maintain exposure databases and analyze its completes and accuracy of the information
- Support underwriters in all queries, exposure movement year over year
- Contribute ideas for process enhancement and improvement
- Understand and interpret model results, provide risk specific observation to the underwriter
Requirements : Software Must:
- AIR Touchstone or Classic/2
- MS Office Proficient including Excel and access at advance level
- Additional technologies is a plus
- RMS is second priority
Requirements - Technical :
- A Master/degree engineer in applied mathematics/ statistics/ economics.
- 2-6 year experience in the field of Cat modeling
- Excellent computer skills and proficient with advanced excel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Understand and critically analyze data
- GIS Skill is a plus
Requirements - Behavioral :
- Willing to learn more about the basics of fire protection and loss estimation.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Candidate must be able to work with little direct supervision, reliable and dependable.
- Candidate is required to react to rapidly changing demands and priorities.