The Developer role is responsible for primarily designing, developing, and implementing automation systems for EIT Storage. This position will have a strong focus in automation and developing internal tools and processes to improve all of the Storage team.
Job Responsibilities :
- Provide development and automation perspective to the IT Storage team, with a focus on automation of routine operational tasks to speed service
- Develop internal tools (programs, scripts, platforms) for use by the IT Storage team in new customer deployment and Operations service delivery
- Self-motivated discovery of Operations challenges, with an intent to find solutions and deliver improvements across the organization
- Develop tools to support continuous improvement processes
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies
- 5+ years- experience in Application Development using a formal methodology process. Requires the ability to develop and manage implementation-planning schedules. Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects. Innovative and strategic thinking is required, as well as a track record of success implementing solutions that result in measurable business benefits.
- 3+ years- experience with Java Script, PowerShell and other scripting languages.
- Skillful in troubleshooting application/system issues and resolving integrity as wells as performance issues.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills. Sets priorities and organizes work to meet the deadlines.
- Experience using processes that are compliant with customer's configuration and project management directives
- Experience with Linux and database is required.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a highly multi-tasked environment
- Development experience with either Python or other scripting languages
- Understanding of RESTFUL API development and interaction
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Excellent communication skills (face-to-face, phone, and email) with the ability to work with different teams