About ZS: ZS Associates (http://www.zsassociates.com) is a global leader in marketing and sales consulting, outsourcing, technology and software. Since 1983, ZS has helped companies get the most out of their marketing and sales organizations. From 21 offices around the world, ZS experts use analytics and deep expertise to help companies across a range of industries (primarily pharmaceuticals and biotech, high tech/telecommunication, financial services, medical products/services, transportation and consumer packaged goods and energy) make smart decisions quickly and cost effectively.
ZS Associates' Business Technology group focuses on strategizing, designing and building marketing and sales technology solutions to improve commercial effectiveness. The types of solutions include enterprise information management, reporting, mobility, Big data, analytics, CRM/SFA and business process automation enablement, to name the few key areas. We provide a complete spectrum of business technology solutions, from strategy and roadmap definition to full implementation and on-going operations. Our team possesses deep expertise in leading analytic, business intelligence, CRM and system integration technologies, which we apply in a pragmatic fashion to create and deliver optimal architecture and implementation solutions.
Role: This role will have responsibility to take ownership of one or more client engagements at a cross office level encompassing the areas of business intelligence, analytics, information management, reporting and mobility; provide thought leadership in developing the firm’s services and offerings in the Business Technology space and add leverage to the overall leadership span for the aforementioned group in India.
The person in this role will be responsible for growing the capabilities in the Business Technology group by developing and managing the existing client relationships and also aid in generating new business engagements. This person will need to fully understand the company and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients by developing solutions and offerings relevant to that client base.
The successful candidate will work closely with ZS leadership; grow the practice by expanding client and customer relationships and building trusted advisory relationships with executives at the company’s various accounts.
• Lead large scale client delivery engagements in the Life Sciences Industry while maintain high Quality standards defined at ZS;
• Leverage experience in project management activities including project planning/estimation, scoping by ensuring delivery of quality outcomes within timelines and budgets while tightly managing project/space metrics such as delivery margin and utilization etc.
• Develop and manage client relationships on projects. Deeply understand client’s business challenges, and provide thought leadership in addressing issues. Work proactively to bring the best of ZS expertise to the client(s). Identify opportunities and contribute to the selling of additional work to new and existing clients;
• Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes;
• Active involvement in pre-sales opportunities, building new assets and platforms that will support ZS strategic growth
• Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the ZS’s business. Effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds;
• Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment;
• Play an active role in counseling and mentoring juniors within the organization;
• Demonstrate deep life sciences industry sector knowledge with a functional expertise in sales and marketing operations;
• Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge;
• Possess in depth business acumen;
• Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
• Play an active role at the India leadership level supporting new India based initiatives.
• Bachelor's/master's degree with specialization in Computer or IT, BCA or other computer related disciplines;
• 17+ years’ of relevant consulting-industry experience working on medium-large scale technology solution delivery engagements;
• Minimum 10+ years of experience in managing and leading delivery of one or multiple engagements;
• Extensive experience working with front-end user reporting (e.g.: MSTR, Business Objects, Cognos), back-end database management (e.g.: Oracle, Teradata) and/or ETL interfacing (e.g.: Informatica, SSIS) technologies;
• Demonstrated experience with driving revenue within existing clients and in developing new prospects at the "C" level of Pharmaceutical companies;
• Expertise in data warehousing, architectural design, dimensional modeling (Star schema), ETL and data migration;
• Assist/be involved in the selling process by writing proposals and giving product demos;
• Significant supervisory, coaching and hands-on project management skills;
• Prior experience in Big Data, Analytics, Digital Asset Management, Master Data Management and Data Warehousing;
• Strong credentials and demonstrated success in IT strategy and Enterprise Architecture;
• Characteristics of a forward thinker and self-starter that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to learning new knowledge;
• Ability to lead a virtual team of consulting professionals across multiple projects;
• A high level of motivation and self-starting attitude;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• A strong work ethic;
• A willingness to travel to meet client needs;
• Executive-level presence and communication.