Responsible to conduct independent Risk based review of Appraisal & Assessment process for various Credit facilities sanctioned to Corporate/SME loans. Detect process gaps at pre-
sanction stages. Conduct risk based credit audit of borrower accounts with a specific focus on sanction process, documentation, follow up & monitoring including EWS.
1. Conduct independent review of pre-sanction process, involved in sanction of credit facility in lines with prudent credit practices.
2. Participate in all aspects of credit audit activities including credit risk assessment, audit planning, audit testing and control evaluation.
3. Review risk rating of borrower.
4. Ensure that the credit proposal abides to Bank's extant guidelines, credit policy & regulatory guidelines.
5. Report drafting with risk based approach, follow up and ensure closure of reports.
6. Verify compliance as per the terms of sanction.
7. Detect early warning signals.
8. Evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls.
9. Monitor and analyze key performance indicators to identify trends & deviations from standard industry benchmarks.
10. Stay abreast of local regulations and responding to regulator's inquiry on a timely basis.
11. Partnering with legal, compliance, risk management and other control groups.
12. Perform and coordinate credit risk framework components which includes:
1. Risk and due-diligence reviews
2. Credit risk reporting and analysis
3. Record credit risk incidents and associated process breakdowns
4. Assist the credit risk owners and coordinators with the identification of key risk indicators in their business units
5. Report Key Risk Indicators (KRI) breaches and deriving root cause for significant deviations
13. Liaise with the credit verticals, risk & business unit representatives.