- He/she must exhibit deep curiosity vis-a-vis consumers shopping behavior, forge supplier relationships, help expand Client- catalog, and drive in-stock & inventory related decisions, so as to deliver the company's top & bottom line growth.
- The Asst. Vice President will work closely with senior leadership, and lead a team of Category Managers, to usher in the next phase of growth for Kitchen & Dining, with the goal of making it a $100+ million department, over the next couple years.
- An ideal applicant is verbally dexterous, has an entrepreneurial bent of mind, and thrives in a challenging environment which involves a lot of work, a lot of coffee, over exhaustion of vocal chords, jet-lag, spread sheets, more spread sheets, but in the end results in building a career one can look back upon with immense pride.
- Provide Strategic Business Inputs From A Retail Perspective, Including Short And Long Term Plans
- Monitor And Lead The Implementation Of Strategic Business Plans
- Design & Execute Strategies Which Meet/Exceed Client- Kitchen & Dining Sales & Profitability Targets
- Analyze Customer Data, As Well As That Of Competitors And The Segment In General, To Identify Selection Gaps And Seek Out New Brands And Product Groups, To Fill The Void
- Forge Strong Ties With Brand Partners, And Facilitate Discussions, Whilst Meeting With Senior Executive Teams From Top Brands, To Build Long Term Strategic Relationships
- Evaluate The Economic And Strategic Costs And Benefits Of Partnerships, So As To Deliver On Brand Expansion & Cataloging Targets
- Help Shape And Manage Promotional Strategies, So As To Deliver On Client- Promise Of Providing Shoppers With A - WOW- Experience
- Identify Opportunities For Operational Improvement, Cost Reduction, And Systems Enhancement
- Address Forecasting Challenges, So As To Make New Products Instant Top Sellers
- Execute And Lead Projects To More Efficiently Source Inventory, Ensuring Healthy Inventory Levels While Avoiding Stock-Outs And Overstock Risks
- Ownership Of Various Metrics, Including, But Not Limited To, Capital Optimization, GMROI, Inventory Turns, In-Stock Rates
- Develop & Lead Weekly, Monthly, And Quarterly Business Reviews
- Leading A Team Of Category Managers, Shaping Their Career Development,
All The While Ensuring Delivery Of Client- Business Objectives
- Work Closely With Product Management And Developmental Teams, To Provide Inputs Which Help Improve The Tool Sets And Related Infrastructure
Desired Candidate Profile : Qualification : Any Graduation (only Full time), MBA (only Full time) Target Companies : eCommerce firms, eRetail/Retail, product firms, tech start ups, big data start ups, logistics start ups, technology startups SKILLS REQUIRED :- Comfortable Handling Complex Financial Data, And Superior Analytical/Quantitative Skills Experience Negotiating With Suppliers In A Variety Of Settings, Developing Pricing & Promotion Strategies, And In Inventory Management Proven Track Record Of Recruiting, Hiring And Developing Talent High Threshold For Working In An Ambiguous & Fast Paced Environment, So As To Be Able To - Figure It Out And Adapt As You Go- Exceptional Leadership Skills, With The Ability To Influence People, And Shape A Culture Of Delivery Ability To Communicate Clearly And Confidently, Both Verbally And In Writing Willingness To Push Him/Herself Has Self-Discipline, Is Diligent And Can Manage Time Appropriately Ability To Do More With Less.
Then Do It Again.
QUALIFICATIONS :- Master's In Business Administration, From A Top 25 Institute- A Seasoned Leader, With A Minimum Of 7 Years- Worth Of Experience In A Leadership & People Management Role,- Driving A Collaborative & High Growth Organization.- Retail Industry/Consulting Experience Is An Advantage- A Minimum Of 5 Years Worth Of Experience In Supplier Management.