Should of course be good in Android and Java but should primarily have skills as described below:
- Extensive experience with Android platform.
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Ability to lead a project through the completion of all phases.
- Experience building an Android app from start to finish
- Should be expert in core JAVA.
- Multi-threading /Multiprocessing fundamentals should be clear.
- Optimization and performance experience
While the primary job would be to architect and develop our mobile suite of products, this position also requires that the person should be able to walk across the stack and write server side code (python / Django stack) as well to support our mobile product. Depending on the need he should be willing to contribute towards the non-Mobile side of the products as well.
In terms of technology stack, we are a heavy python shop and have a large interplay of various technologies across products and platform - To give an idea we currently use Nginx, Drupal, Django, mySQL, Postgres, mongodb, Redis, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, cpython/stackless, C, jQuery etc..