- Work closely with the back-end developers to ensure smooth integration between web pages and back-end code.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to take responsibility for deliverable.
- Good knowledge and experience in building responsive web pages.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Knowledge in integration with Ruby on Rails, PHP, .NET or any web applications.
- Knowledge in JSON and XML preferred.
- Builds software applications - Follows coding standards, builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
- Experience creating reusable UI components
- Experience working in an Agile environment helpful
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity of HTML syntax for multiple specifications, including HTML 5.
- Knowledge of the semantic meaning of all HTML elements.
- Familiarity with the semantic markup for display of lists, tabular data, forms, articles, etc.
- Knowledge of markup used for layout such as dividers.
- Knowledge at the level to be able to hand-code markup.
- Including media and images.
- Experience in Stylesheet frameworks like Compass, Blueprint, Twitter bootstrap, Etc.
- Specifying different CSS for various media, devices and displays.
- Best practices in CSS file organization and structure.
- Methods for including CSS inline, internal and external via linked style sheets.
- How to define, combine and group CSS selectors for HTML elements, ID, classes, pseudo classes, child or sibling.
- Syntax of CSS declarations, properties and attributes.
- CSS box model and methods for CSS positioning, absolute and relative.
- Familiarity with differences in CSS 2 and CSS 3.
- Proficient with a CSS Preprocessor such as Sass or LESS.
- Knowledge of the operators, variables, datatypes, objects, properties and methods.
- Familiarity with control structures such as objects, functions, conditional statements, arrays, loops and expressions.
- Forms and regular expression validation and submitting data.
- Knowledge of how to apply logical operators and conditional statements.
- Knowledge of the DOM HTML objects and their properties
- Methods to ensure browser & device compatibility
- Methods for degrading gracefully for older browsers and displays.
- Methods to ensure accessibility.
- File compression techniques for improving speed.
- Creating and controlling windows and dialog.
- Processes for troubleshooting and debugging
- Familiarity with development and debugging tools for cross-browser issues.
- Knowledge of how to employ the jQuery library for visual effects, event handling, and document manipulation.