The Senior Java Developer designs, develops, documents, unit-tests, implements and deploys web-based Java applications to support business requirements. He/ she must follow approved software development life cycle methodologies (RUP/ SCRUM) and all processes as required from time to time.
A: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Interacts with the business analysis team to understand project requirements.
- Develops overall architecture/ product design documents, technical design specifications for individual modules - and technology justifications for architectural considerations.
- Ensure integration of entire system or subsystem
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to the helpdesk and/ or maintenance team to help resolve technical issues with production systems by debugging, research and investigation.
- Design and Develop Java and J2EE based web applications using Java frameworks as required by customer.
- Design and Develop secure web services.
- Create PL/SQL procedures, functions, triggers and associated PL/ SQL or SQL database scripts as needed.
- Develop build packages using Maven/ Apache Ant.
- Applies Java and Oracle standard coding practices and industry standards.
- Applies Section 508/ Accessibility Standards compliant software development methodologies.
- Reports to the Project Management/ Leads on Project Status, Deliverables.