- Spearhead client facing teams and guide them on solution delivery. Independently lead smaller modules of the engagement.
- Identify, assess and monitor risks by developing a risk management plan and strategy and identify opportunities to improve business processes.
- Assist clients in addressing compliance, financial, operational and strategic risk.
- Assist team members in developing technical and professional competency. Coach, train and support consultants in the team.
- Independently execute assignments. Typical assignments comprise of conducting reviews of systems, internal controls, re-engineering processes, documentation of Standard Operating Procedures, and cost & working capital optimization.
- Manage multiple assignments and related project teams.
- Meet quality guidelines within the established turnaround time (or allotted budget) for assigned requests.
- Establish deep relationships with client personnel (at appropriate levels) by understanding client's perspective.
- Assist clients with testing internal process controls and developing internal audit plans.
- Assess the current state of an organization's internal control/Sarbanes-Oxley Act framework and help clients drive value and efficiency in their internal controls by implementing leading practices.
- Constantly monitor project progress, manage risk and verify key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Participate in sales and support business development initiatives.
- Undertake additional initiatives such as developing internal knowledge database, making presentations to the entire team on new developments, writing newsletters etc.
- Assist seniors and managers in developing new methodologies and internal initiatives.
Desired Profile &Key Personal Attributes
- Working knowledge of auditing processes and methodologies, including flow charting.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications. Prior project management and supervisory skills required.
- Strong inter-personnel, analytical and management skills.
- Bilingual is mandatory
Other related skill areas that will be beneficial to any candidate include experience in:
1. Internal audit / SOX experience with Big 4 or a leading accounting firm / banking and investment management.
2. Business process re - engineering (Lean / Six Sigma)
3. Risk management implementation and monitoring
4. Knowledge of regulatory environments and application of regulatory body pronouncements and guidelines
5. Organizational re-design
6. Business analysis
7. Project management skills
8. Finance and product control
9. Change management