Supervises the installation and maintenance of College telecommunications services and Wide Area /
Metro Area Networks
2. Processes work request and provides customer service through the CPCC ITS helpdesk.
3. Coordinates unit’s activities to ensure a smooth flow
of operations by setting priorities, establishing goals
and assisting in the development and implementat
ion of internal policies and procedures.
4. Plans, coordinates and provides input towards the ongoing development of the college network
infrastructure for delivery of data, voice, and multimedia services.
5. Plans, coordinates and provides input towards the ongoing development of the college communications
plant (LAN, MAN & WAN).
6. Answers and responds to telephone calls, e-mail and other communications that come into the
7. Analyzes, integrates and implements Web applicat
ions as related to communications. Researches
emerging technologies to streamline processes.
8. Monitors and reviews projects to ensure that deadlines and quality standards are met.
9. Consults with outside vendors on all issues rela
ted to telecommunications, computers, hardware,
software, and related matters.
10. Assigns projects to Telecom Analysts and monitors
their work for quality and alignment with the college
11. Serves as consultant to other departments on network infrastructure and telecom hardware and software
12. Acts as backup to Executive Director of
Distributed Technology Services as needed during absence.
13. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned