- Revenue generation: Developing and implementing revenue generating marketing plans for all public spaces in the city, including the upcoming mall, the various sports facilities and recreational areas. Establishing alliances and partners for effective utilization of public spaces and generation of revenue for the city.
- Communication: Developing an overall communication and digital strategy for the city for the creation of a - city voice in the online and offline space. Amplification of on- ground activations and enhancement of social media presence with a view to building online communities of interest. Liaising with the local media for media coverage of events/activities in the city. Blogs and media stories to project the city as a thought leader. Managing the citizen's portal and enhancing the user experience through effective and relevant content.
The following education, experience, management, and leadership criteria have been identified as important skills and abilities for candidates to possess and demonstrate (not in order of importance):
- Candidate must have spent at least 5 years in the marketing division of a marketing- driven organization, with significant exposure to both above-the-line and below-the-line marketing, including experience in online marketing / social media.
- Candidate should have worked extensively with advertising/activation agencies and partners, and with vendors in the events and activations space.
- Candidate should be able to work well with a variety of stakeholders across functions, including central marketing, sales, strategy, the PCMA office, facilities management, the central events team, etc. An ability to collaborate and bring people together will be essential for success.
- Candidate should demonstrate leadership capabilities to carry along a team and stakeholders in the city building process.
- Project management capabilities would be important to deliver on a calendar of city based activations and events.