The reason the role exists within the organization
- This role is responsible for managing the delivery of and providing direction to Project Rubicon of Financial Transformation Programme and ensuring the overall coordination of the streams with others in the programme.
- This role will work closely with the senior manager (offshore/onshore) to shape and provide direction to the workstreams within the project. This role specifically seeks project implementation specialization in terms of managing multiple streams of execution and delivery ensuring effective overall control and oversight
- Provides necessary execution support to develop end-to-end business and functional solutions that conform to finance standards as well as all other bank standards such as technology. Provides leadership (where applicable) to a team of Business Analysts and works closely with relevant members of Technology, Operations, Business, Finance (and any other) teams/resources that are contributing to the programs and projects.
Key Outcomes Area:
- Support Project Manager in developing Project Definition Documents and plans that contain thoughtful approaches, describe resource needs, and timelines and ensure solution meets relevant Bank and Transformation standards and principles
- Provides necessary execution support to manage the end-to-end delivery of multi-country and multi-product projects
- To ably support timely, accurate and regular status reporting and ongoing communication to key stakeholders
- Work with other related projects to understand and manage project dependencies.
Functional Skills and Experience:
- To assist in the preparation of BRD/FS by gathering inputs from units including FSSC. To liaise with the technology, finance teams to ensure smooth execution of the issue assigned to Chennai team.
- Work with relevant teams (mainly Product control for Phase 1B initiatives) to understand current processes and to document and prioritize requirements.
- Work with the FSSC teams and the countries to understand the current process for Reallocation automation and to assist in arriving at the future state
- Effective participation including assignment of actionable, alignment across teams, seeking agreements and sign offs, discussions, etc
- Maintain business case and ensure benefits are regularly tracked issue wise / stream wise as part of project tracking
- To lead the go live of the changes and ensure the proper sign offs are obtained. Support post implementation reviews and ensure benefits has been realized with the project deliverable
Building and developing strong, sustainable relationships with internal stakeholders, influencing key business managers, facilitating and implementing change
- Supports management of relevant internal stakeholders through effective communication and delivery of expectations
- Build strong relationship with FSSC teams and the Singapore teams by playing influential role. To secure co-ordination and support of FSSC for all FT initiatives through a proper engagement model
- Work 'hand in glove' within FSSC and FSSC FT teams to deliver a superior service to the above partners without compromising integrity;
People / Resource Allocation:
- To lead a team and allocate, manage tasks and drive performance effectively to maximize the efficiency of all the projects.
- To provide clarity to team on the roles and to have strong individual engagement with team members. Build leadership capabilities by inspiring teams and individuals to meet stretch targets
- Strong individual engagement with team members
- Identify critical roles within the team and ensures a succession plan is in place
Generic measures of the role (includes both qualitative and quantitative metrics)
- Delivery of stated
- Feedback of stakeholders
- Project Delivery Timelines
- Post implementation reviews (PIRs)
Additional Job Information (e.g. role, product area focus, impact)
- The working environment demands an ability to work in a fast paced, changing, international, environment, while providing a quality client service
- International travel may be required
- Much of the work will be to deadlines / work day limits
- Weekly reports will be produced for the project manager showing progress against outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies
Skills and Knowledge Essential:
- CA /MBA finance
- Strong track record of delivering solutions on large projects (especially Finance projects in Banking). Total work experience of over 10-12 years and 14 -18 years
- Excellent communication skills
- Delivery of high quality work, in a limited amount of time
- Excellent attention to detail
- High levels of drive and self motivation.
- Pragmatic approach to achieving the objectives set, able to flex an approach as needed
- A willingness to work with ambiguity within a fluid business environment
- Track record of working in a very organized way, multitasking, prioritizing, managing data, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and long term)
- Capacity to think creatively and laterally; excellent reasoning skills and the ability to make sound judgments
- Good PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Projects
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft GL and transaction processing systems
- Exposure to Business Finance reporting (especially Financial Markets or Global Markets)
- Knowledge of Product control functions would be an added advantage