Our client, US iBank is looking for a talented database and report developer to join the Client Reference Data Practice Area and contribute to development and maintenance of the database component.
This role is based primarily in the horizontal databases team whose goal is to create an expertise around database and report development/design, best practices and standards. The team develops and maintains the databases and reporting infrastructure of Client Reference Data (CRD) products including Companies, Accounts, Contacts and client documentation. These products are available on both DB2 and Sybase platforms.
The role will provide exposure to all stages of the systems development life cycle; the successful candidate will take responsibility for key areas of analysis and design, database development and management of projects.
Participation in lively discussion about technical and business issues is common meaning that strong communication skills and willingness to express their own views as well as listen to others is vital.
The role will be part of a global development team located in Canada, USA and India.
- Experience in distributed computing environment, relational database design and development
- ETL experience, ideally with Informatica
- Strong Database skills with understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Experience in creation of stored proc, triggers and other database objects
- Experience in SQL optimization
- Unix/Linux, shell scripting or PERL,
- Experience with source control tools
- Design methodology and tools
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities between project and non-project work
- Knowledge about QA, Change Management tools
- Experience working with Sybase or DB2 preferred
- Understanding of Erwin other data modeling tools
- Understanding of Sybase or DB2 replication
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data
- Detail oriented and organized with Strong analytical skills
- Self motivated with strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a virtual or Global team
- A good team player and be able to demonstrate integrity and ownership.