1. Research & Developments:-
- To be able to develop new processes in Steel melting shop, rolling mill, heat treatment,finishing and quality control operation.
- To be able to develop new products for use in automotive, defence, aerospace, nuclear power plants, thermal power plants, mining, petrochemical, oil & gas etc.
- To be able to lead a group of engineers with capability to do FEM simulation in casting deformation and heat treatment
- To be able to device small scale experimentation followed by scaling up to production levels.
- Ability to handle lab scale induction furnace and all metallurgical testing facilities such as mechanical testing, NDT, hardness, impact etc.
- Ability to advice on material properties with correlation of microstructure of material. Exposure to electron microscopy would be preferable
- The candidates should have knowledge on long products that include carbon steel, microalloyed steels, low alloy steels and variety of stainless steels, tool and die steels etc.
- The candidates should work towards value addition, cost effectiveness in the processes, raw material, energy efficiency etc.
- The candidate should be able to lead and a good research team and ensure individual and organizational growth.
- The candidate would be building unique brands for the company on the various new products.
- The candidate should be capable of assisting internal and external failure analysis and advice Quality section.
- The candidate should be able to survey market and guide the marketing team to meet emerging customer requirements. He has a role to do techno commercial marketing along with marketing team to win more business.
- The candidate should be able to do professional design of experiment and implement research programs
- Exposure of the candidate to other melting processes that include AOD, VOD, ESR, VAR etc will be an added advantage.
Candidate should have graduated from reputed institution and should have 15 to 20 years of exp. in steel industry, and should have exposure to Research and Development activities. Proven R&D capability should be provided in terms of steel research. A sound knowledge on steel making, hot rolling, heat treatment, testing, finishing operation etc. are essential. They must be familiar with grades of steel, alloy design philosophies, solidification, deformation and heat treatment. Theoretical and knowledge is essential to lead a team of R&D people. Experience in FEM based simulations on casting, hot deformation and heat treatment will be an added advantage.
Personality Traits & Skills
The Candidate should be conceptually strong, should have good leadership & communication skills and should be assertive. The candidate should be very expressive and should be in a position to present technical results in a very professional manner with adequate technical interpretation. Candidate should be detail oriented, having systems approach. Candidate should have perseverance, patience, maturity and experience