*Reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
*This position shall also be indirectly reporting to the Executive Vice President of the group.
Job Location: Bangalore
Prospective candidate should be a strategic thinker and a pragmatic leader and be able to Plan, Act and Monitor operations for the aerospace and defense division that is focused on working with foreign OEMs. Must be able to keep pace with current direction, grow existing customer relationships, set benchmark delivery standards, chart the quality roadmap and nurture a high performance culture in the company.
Must be an engineering graduate, from an institute of repute, in the streams of electrical / electronic / instrumentation / Computer science / Telematics / Communications engineering. An additional postgraduate degree in business administration shall be preferable. Any additional certifications shall be exciting to have.
Areas of Expertise:
* Must have extensive, at least 20+ years, experience in the aerospace and defense industry.
* Must be a multi-faceted technical person with broad spectrum of engineering / business knowledge.
* Must be adept at understanding finer nuances of the A&D industry, especially avionics and electrical engineering, must display an in-depth understanding of technology in the domain and must himself be hands on technologist and willing to contribute, technically, on need basis.
* Must be able to contribute to discussions with customers, suppliers, technical teams, and manufacturing and production teams.
* Must have extensive experience in managing the length and breadth of the operations spectrums, including but not limited to customer relationship management, technology management, people practices, infrastructure scaling, quality practices.
* Must exhibit thought leadership, alongside practical implementation methodologies, to stay ahead of the competition and to create reference benchmarks in quality and experience.
* Must be finance savvy and should have had experience in managing profit and loss of a business. Must be able to plan and operate within budgets and take complete ownership of the Operations with consistency in processes, cost and quality.
* Must be an excellent communicator, both in written and oral forms. Must be a complete team player and be able to build and lead the team.
* Must be familiar with statutory rules and regulations that apply to the Aerospace and Defense industry in India.
* Must be able to sustain and grow the Brand when dealing with Customers, Suppliers and all external stakeholders.
* Should be a self-motivated person and be able to motivate the team. Must be pleasant and have the ability to de-stress situations with timely wit.
* Must be adaptable, yet firm.
* Should exhibit poise and grace at all times, especially under stress. Must be balanced with a good mix of IQ as well as EQ.
* Must be creative and not be hesitant to innovate. Must not be allergic to risk and must be good at taking decisions, be responsible and accountable.
* Must exhibit patience and perseverance with all stakeholders and be gifted with the art of "know-how" and "know-when".
* Must be "available" at all times and work beyond normal call of duty as company is working with customers across geographies.