The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing solutions for Fixed Income businesses.This also involves developing high performance solutions for large data set/big data/product/reporting/trading functions. The candidate - working closely with junior team- will provide technical leadership, develop and maintain project plans for large scale projects, ensure deliverables, and manage status communication to all the stakeholders. The candidate should be well versed with business concepts and should able to build relationship with traders and portfolio managers.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
* 8+ years of total experience in the IT industry
* 5+ years of experience in Core Java with multi threading.
* Knowledge of Java web/HTML5 tech stack.
* Experience with developing systems using Sybase, DB2 or other industry-standard relational database management system
* Ability to motivate and lead team of couple of developers to start with .
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Financial industry experience (especially around trading & front office systems) a significant advantage
The successful candidate will also:
* Have strong problem solving & software design skills
* Have strong communication skills and feel comfortable working in a global team that both welcomes and challenges new ideas
* Have experience of providing technical mentoring to junior developers
* Knowledge of scripting language perl/shell/python and functional programming concepts are added advantaged
* Technical Leadership - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills. Has strong opinions about technical approaches, design, solutions and is able to defend them in a collaborative fashion
* Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
* Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
* Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
* Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
* Teamwork -- Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
* Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others