The Vice President, Finance is accountable for delivery of all financial control and reporting activities, financial planning and analysis, cash management and financial compliance for the Canadian organization. In addition, this role is accountable for the delivery of accurate and timely access to key information for decision-making by the Management Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Communicating the company's actual performance versus budgets and objectives to senior management; recommending growth strategies, as well as identifying areas of improvement
* Provide input to help ensure organizational growth for operational and financial performance while optimizing investments of financial capital
* Manage overall cash position in line with company standards and budgets/forecasts.
* Manage credit and collections and accounts payable.
* Ensure compliance with provincial and federal regulations, including tax
* Establishing and maintaining sound relationships with financial institutions
* Coordinating and managing the annual budget and quarterly forecast process
* Oversee internal controls, measurements and evaluation of such controls for the company
* Manage relationships with external professionals including accountants, attorneys, real estate brokers, insurance brokers
* Hiring, training and retaining competent finance staff
* Performs other duties as assigned by management
* 10+ years of experience in accounting or finance;
* Advanced strategic planning, negotiation, communication, cash management, and management skills
* Degree in Finance or Business Administration
* Professional designation
* Must possess solid work ethic
* Superior oral and written communication skills
* Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
* Superior leadership and exceptional people skills demonstrated by your ability to build solid relationships at all levels within the organization.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage people and work in a team environment
* Ability to work under time pressures and constraints
* Personal and professional integrity
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required; Oracle and HFM experience helpful