2 to 4 years of relevant experience and at least 2 years of experience in handling customer support for enterprise software products. Good academic background with an aptitude to analyze and troubleshoot engineering problems.
* Provide 1st and 2nd level technical support via telephone and email for our proprietary enterprise software. This includes installation, setup, diagnostics, trouble-shooting, testing and consultation.
* On call, rotational 24/7 support (follow the sun), including early morning shifts.
* Responsible for testing, documenting and resolving all reported issues
* Diagnose application, database, networking, hardware, or operating system problems; coordinate appropriate solutions with third party partners and appropriate staff.
* Provide documentation as needed on general or specific aspects of Technical Support.
* Perform other activities and duties as requested
* Hands on and proven experience in the following areas:
* Advanced knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems. Having experience on both is a strong plus.
* Advanced knowledge of Windows Network environment (Domain structures).
* Knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP
* Real-time communication applications such as instant messaging, wireless, & security products Knowledge of interconnected systems, DHCP, TCP/IP, WAN/LAN, DNS. Experience in supporting collaboration applications like Instant messaging, web-conferencing is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of enterprise application deployments using Load-Balancer and Proxy servers is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of networking protocols and distributed computing environment concepts and ability to understand network traces using tools like Wireshark, Ethereal is a strong plus.
* Relational database systems such as Microsoft SQL/Oracle MySQL is highly desired.
* Knowledge of Java and debugging Java based applications is desirable
* Familiarity with Enterprise Collaboration (Sharepoint/Connections/Chatter/Jive) / Unified Communication (Microsoft Lync / Lotus Sametime / Cisco Jabber) platforms will be an added advantage
* Excellent communication skills and customer interface ability.
* Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment, use of proper discretion in evaluating/elevating customer issues, work as a team player, and defuse difficult situations.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Energetic and Enthusiastic
* Ability to work independently in a small team-environment
* Superior organizational and analytical skills are required
* Outstanding customer service skills.