Our client is part of a large group and leading Plastic manufacturer of products made from virgin polymers (polypropylene, PET and polyethylene)and a leading supplier for the packaging and distribution of lub oil, Pharmaceuticals, Edible Oil , Cosmetics, Food and Beverages, Milk, detergents and Chemicals with operations in Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia and Uganda.
They are looking for Technical Manager (PET Plant) for their operations in Tanzania
* The incumbent will be responsible to plan, organize and direct the production operations of the plant to ensure the most effective utilization of resources and achievement of all production, cost, quality and safety objectives.
* Develop and execute production and maintenance plans to ensure targets for production tonnage and operating cost are met through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
* Manage product quality to ensure customer expectations of product quality are met and exceeded in line with business objectives.
* Identify new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving to ensure production efficiency is continuously enhanced and production cost minimized.
* Manage manpower utilization to ensure that all employees meet their performance objectives and support achievement of the production targets.
* Manage safety by addressing both physical and employee behavioral related safety issues to ensure minimum unsafe incidents at workplace and compliance with legislation.
* Train and upgrade skills of production department to ensure highly skilled and trained staff in line with business needs.
Qualification: Diploma or Degree in Engineering or plastic technology qualification
* Experience in manufacturing of plastic packaging for beverage industry in FSSC/HACCP/ISO22000 environment - which is food/beverage industry standards that require high levels of cleanliness, organization, documentation, planning, quality, etc.
* The individual should be experienced in production processing/efficiency & plant maintenance of high end technology machines like Husky & Netstal, using very expensive high cavitation molds (48 cavities & over)