Minimum 10+ years of experience in Design and Implementation of Embedded software in any of the following domains
1. Industrial automation (DCS and SCADA/PLC)
2. Aerospace or RAIL
3. Nuclear and Defense
Experience in FULL product life cycle of an Embedded Software Product Development from Conceptualization to development through implementation, V&V, Compliance/Certification and final release.
Hands on experience in following criteria:
1. Designing Fault Tolerant (dual/triple modular redundant systems) embedded systems with High Availability, Reliability and Safety.
2. Design and implementation of firmware and embedded software formulation core microprocessor based hardware supporting symmetric and asymmetric processing
3. Embedded C/C++ coding using Eclipse/Code Sorcery IDEs for Nucleus Plus RTOS
4. Industrial communication protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RS232/RS485, Modbus, OPC, Fieldbus, HART, etc.
5. OS/Kernel features like interrupts, Inter Process Communication (IPC) mechanisms, multi-threading, synchronization and memory management
6. Embedded debuggers, memory profilers, performance monitoring tools etc.
7. In doing formal documentation such as System Requirements Specification, System Architecture Specifications, Software Design Specification, etc.
Good insight in to industry standards such as DO-178B, CENELEC, IEC etc.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A go-getter attitude, which includes exploration, proactive learning, ability to influence the team and peers with technical prowess.
Nice to have requirements:
Must have Knowledge in following areas:
TFS and its use MISRA and equivalent coding standards
EDSA standards and certification
Development and customization of Board Support Packages