A key part of NVIDIAs strength is our unique and advanced development tools and environments that enable our incredible pace of new technology delivered to market. We are looking for architects to help us design and develop the next generation of our development environments. You will join a fast-paced agile software team with high production quality standards. This role involves developing the chip definition languages and infrastructure, compute infrastructure supporting very large scale distributed, cross-platform runs of mission critical proprietary applications and simulation, creating integrated development and debugging environments (based on tools such as Eclipse), implementing cutting-edge software engineering methodologies and tools to improve code quality, creating and driving quality build and release processes, and driving the performance improvement of these applications. NVidia is continuously pushing the state of the art in chip development and needing the next generation of development environments to enable the next generation of chips.
In this position, you will participate in the full tool development and release life cycle, working closely with other project members and users to specify systems, creating schedules, and managing ongoing feedback and enhancement releases. You will be using the best of your art in creating environments that are stable and easy to use by hundreds of engineers worldwide. You will learn and greatly improve the daily workflows of the world's top chip modelers and designers.
- Very strong object-oriented Perl programming background required with Java or C++ a plus
- Strong software engineering process skills required
- Experience with Linux development programming tools required, experience with Eclipse a plus
- Experience with Windows development environments also highly desired
- Strong build and release process experience with Make/Makepp/CMake and related tools a big plus
- BS in Computer Science with at least 3 years of experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility/adaptability for working in a dynamic environment with different frameworks and requirements