Business Application Consultant (MM-WM)
SME Face-off for external and internal stakeholders:
- Be the point of expertise related to the area under consideration for both the customer as well as the internal team (delivery, RIT).
- This would involve inputs into building business system related roadmaps, strategies on what solution to position, provision of expertise related to architecture and processes, etc.
- Provide Solution Architecture guidance for identified projects
- Oversee and provide quality assurance on this topic by mentoring, monitoring and training delivery teams
- Architect suitable solutions for opportunities in the related domain
- Contribute to proposal build, orals, etc. across the opportunity cycle
- Guide solution teams in putting together estimations
- Provide strategic direction to the competency build for the area in terms of areas of focus and related roadmaps
- Contribute to building expertise by mentoring, guiding and training as appropriate
- Participate in external forums such as SCN, SAP Tech Ed, etc. as part of the competency agenda
- Engineering Qualifications with a Post Graduate qualification as a plus
- Understanding of related Industry Processes and Business
- Expertise in related SAP Solution areas; knowledge and experience of related Non-SAP solutions or best-of-breed/niche solutions will be an advantage
- Customer Facing Project Management experience
- Eight to Ten Years experience in SAP implementations, on MM/WM
- Purchasing Management/ Warehouse Management experience in the related Industry / function
- A minimum of 2 End to End Implementations(MM/WM) of which at least one is as a Project Manager for the related Industry / function
- Strong process knowledge of Procure to Pay flow, Logistics Execution and integration points with other Process / Domain.
- Experience with Global Delivery methodologies
Expertise required on MM/WM are:
- MM processes like Purchasing, Inventory Management, Logistics Invoice Verification, Physical Inventory, Material Valuation, Material Requirements Planning (MRP),External Services Management
- WM processes like configuring storage types, movement type and search strategies. RFID system and interface with SAP. SU and HU management.
- IDOC and Interfaces
- Debugging skills and should be able to interpret ABAP code.
- Integration of SAP MM with WM, SD, FI, PP, QM.
- Requirements gathering
- Writing functional specifications
- Documenting and defining business processes
- Working with developers to unit test/validate functionality
- Conduct system/integration testing
- Coordinating user acceptance testing