Role of the Technical Author requires a passionate commitment to consistency, clarity, and willingness to act as a strong advocate for the users of the product documents. It also requires an ability to be a participant of the development team for software/hardware products and the ability to meet deadlines and function successfully in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines.
Required Skill Set:
- 6 to 8 years of experience in professional technical writing, preferably in product-based environments.
- Experience in using professional publication tools, such as Structured FrameMaker, CorelDraw, RoboHelp, and MS Visio.
- Collaborate with engineering, marketing, and support personnel to determine technical information requirements based on technical discussions, design documents, and engineering specifications.
- Review and revise documents to improve the information based on customer and other stake holders- feedback.
- Identify graphics requirement in the documents.
- Strictly adheres to the documentation processes and guidelines.
- Experience of working in a global team.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
Desired Skill Set:
- Knowledge of networking, embedded systems, and UNIX/Linux Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of HTML and XML.
- Experience in hardware documentation.
- Quick learner - Should be able to work on multiple projects, with minimal supervision.
- Technical Graduate (Diploma / BTech / MCA in Computer Science specialization) will be preferred.