Windows OS (all versions), Active Directory, Exchange, and SharePoint (to a lesser extent than the others)
Needs to know how to repair server hardware, i.e. replace CPU, mem, boards, cards, disks, etc
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the analysis, acquisition, installation, modification and support of operating systems, databases, utilities and internet/intranet-related tools. They will conduct systems programming and systems support activities such as installing new or revised system or application software. They will also maintain and update systems software such as backup scripts, logon procedures and other operations tools. The Engineer will support the Help Desk team in problem resolution and when appropriate, support end users in systems support.
* To ensure that any faults associated with server related resources are remedied in the shortest time possible with the least disruption for the user.
* Involved in, configuring, and implementing new and enhanced server related systems that provide net improvements to Trimble's business practices. This includes receiving and physical installation of server hardware.
* Responsible for installing and maintaining reliable and adequately performing fileserver systems.
* Responsible for installing and maintaining reliable and adequately performing E-mail and other utility systems.
* Design and recommend system modifications to cope with predicted changes in company requirements (capacity planning).
* Maintain appropriate backup systems for all assigned server resources.
* Maintain disaster recovery procedures for all assigned server resources.
* Develops and reviews operational instructions for peers and Help Desk staff.
* Prepares feasibility studies and designs tests to determine the operating characteristics of software.
* Frequently interacts with peers, other IS staff, IS management and business group managers and employees concerning servers resources and applications.
* Keep up-to-date with server and systems technologies, communicating new trends to the Information Systems Group. This includes vender relations and for all assigned systems vender patches and fixes.
* Identify and evaluate server and systems related tools that improve operational performance.
Experience and Skills:
Education / Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum 3 - 5 years' technical hands-on experience in a corporate IS department.
* Certification or extensive experience in one or more of the following areas,
* Active Directory
* Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
* Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010
* VMware Vsphere5 and above.
* Other virtualization solutions.
* Excellent communication skills; written and verbal in English.
* Strong documentation skills.
* High degree of technical aptitude.
* Ability to work accurately under deadline and pressure.
* Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize workload.