System Engineer Citrix & Virtualization
Primary Tasks and responsibilities
- Involved in design and implementation of Citrix & VDI infrastructure projects
- Advising the right virtualization technology for the right user
- System Configuration & tuning of Citrix & VDI environments
- 3rd line support (troubleshooting, incident and change management)
- Prepare and execute planned maintenance/upgrades (security patching, operating system and tooling upgrades, ...)
- Industrialization of the Operational Processes
- Develop and maintain Operational and Technical documentation
- Drive knowledge transfer to 1st and 2nd level support teams
- Insure security and audit guidelines are correctly implemented
- Create, test and maintain service recovery procedures and plans.
Technical requirements :
- Hands-on experience with Citrix technologies: XenApp, XenDesktop, Citrix Access Gateway, Advanced Access Controls in an enterprise environment.
- Hands-on experience of Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 configuration and administration
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 8
- Experience with VMWare ESX, vCenter, vCops
- Good understanding of network engineering and security principles
- Technical writing skills to write the proper documentation according to internal regulations
Methodology/Certification requirements -
Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science OR equivalent through experience.
Advanced course work in technical systems plus continued education in technical disciplines is preferred ITIL knowledge is recommended. Non-Technical requirements
- Some flexibility in working hours is required (occasional over-time or weekend/holiday work)
- On-call permanency is possible
- Strong tracking, coordination and project planning skills
- Ability to identify and implement process and/or application improvements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter
- Excellent customer service skills, including end-user support experience.
- Interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills
- Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines.
- Able to work in a global team and in a multi-cultural environment.
Language Requirements: English (mandatory), French (optional)