Role: Entrepreneur in Residence- SCM /Founding team member- SCM
- The position will be responsible for overall order management, warehouse fulfillment, store fulfillment operations, account management, risk management and the coordination with store operations for seamless customer experience from order placement to customer delivery.
- Design, Develop, and deliver distinctive supply chain (from suppliers, to warehouse, to shipping, to actual delivery to consumer) and customer service.
- Optimize for the best combination of cost, time, and quality.
- Strategic Planning: Develop business, project, and resource planning for eCommerce led omni-channel deployments and store operations.
- Develops clear roadmaps for future functionality and enhancements; Build and execute long term strategy to support multi-channel fulfillment infrastructure
- Drives the business planning process for the eCommerce channel
- Analyze industry trends, customer feedback, and business requirements to develop a site development plan that maximizes ROI.
- Reducing delivery costs and time by improving carrier costs, negotiating contracts, optimizing and consolidating order routes and implementing advanced technologies
- Provides project management leadership for cross-functional and / or matrix teams on multiple projects that have a significant impact on eCommerce initiatives, including supply chain, logistics, customer support and returns management
- Continuously benchmark best practices of competitors (including global) and adopt selectively
- Manage capital budget for all supply chain investments
- Ensures that the back-end customer experience is optimal (fulfillment (pick/pack), order processing, shipping, fraud prevention, returns, in-stock inventory levels)
- To lead the day-to-day operations to continually improve order fulfillment performance and reduce costs while building the long-term strategy and capabilities for a sophisticated multi-channel fulfillment and delivery infrastructure with diverse product categories.
- Responsible to develop and manage KPIs for fulfillment and helping business to achieve sales and profit objectives for eCommerce channel.
- Reduce delivery costs and time (from order placement to customer delivery) by improving carrier costs, optimizing and consolidating orders/routes, and implementing advanced technologies
- Responsible for third-party vendor components, including Service Level Agreements (SLA) and contract management.
- Responsible for inventory management/replenishment, and warehouse capacity planning to handle significant business growth and promotional fluctuations while meeting operational targets
- MBA/ Engineer from top colleges
- 5-10 years of work experience within retail/supply chain.
- 2+ yrs of ecommerce experience is must
- Experience with implementing continuous improvement and innovation into eCommerce fulfillment processes and systems;
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Experience in all aspects of people management including recruitment, objective setting, appraisals and performance management
- Prior experience in a startup is desirable
eCommerce experience is mandatory for this role