* Participates as a member of team of other research/advance development engineers carrying out the investigation, design, development, execution, and implementation of research/advance development projects to generate new products, technologies, and intellectual property.
* Creates portions of research/advance development plans, investigative procedures, and collection and analysis guidelines for assigned investigation; collaborates with internal and external partners to perform experiments and validations in accordance with overall research/advance development plan.
* Prepares literature and presentations for peer review, publication, and delivery at industry and scientific events and conferences; creates patent applications and supporting documentation.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Experience in design/development of large-scale and distributed system, storage management
* Should have exposure to the cloud computing software platforms architecture like Open stack
* Hands on experience on ESX, Hyper-V or KVM hypervisors and associated virtualization technologies /management interfaces.
* Experience in development : Storage data-path on Block and/or File Storage and object interfaces
* Experience in development environment like Linux/Unix (preferred) or Windows and debugging.
* Architectural and design understanding of distributed and scale out storage/compute systems and data services.
* Experience in understanding nature of workloads like VDI, OLTP, Backup while designing storage systems.
* Hands on experiments on Performance Engineering would be added advantage
* Experience in C/C++, Java, Python
* Hadoop 2.0, Cassandra, MapReduce or similar technologies
* In depth knowledge of distributed file system like HDFS, ZFS or GFS
* Demonstrated ability of research through publications in reputed forums and journals.