Absolutdata is looking for an experienced advanced analytics professional with hands-on experience in econometric modeling and advanced customer analytics. The incumbent will deliver client-specific solutions including: campaign effectiveness analysis, customer segmentation and profiling, targeting, retention analysis, lifetime value analysis, related to input and development of decision modeling.
The role requires business acumen, top-tier analytical and problem-solving skills and a collaborative partnering style in addition to strong verbal communications and experience with executive presentations. The ideal candidate is versed in business and/or marketing strategy to which the analytics insights will be applied.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Deliver on analytics requests mostly unsupervised. Ability to understand business problem and convert it into a analytical problem. Should be able to draft a project plan defining what the objective/problem is and able to devise appropriate analytical solution(s), identify all the intermediary activities to reach the end state and complete the activities within the stipulated timelines.
* Interpret the solutions in terms of the Business impact and the solutions need to be backed up by high-quality reasoning and data-points
* Build predictive models from start-to-finish (i.e. extract data, manipulate data, build model and validate model) and then deploy model on real data and track model performance. Recalibrate/refresh the models on regular time-intervals.
* Periodical review of effectiveness of models to determine readiness for business use
* Work with data team to understand the data availability and quality for analytic use, establish new data sources (with the DBA) where necessary
* Quickly grasp and implement new and advanced Statistical techniques to arrive at appropriate solution(s) for better decision making
* Lead a team of Business Analysts to deliver key insights alongside analytical output for the on-shore team/key stakeholder(s)
* Develop detailed documentation of best practices, model implementation framework and manuals for all analytical tasks/activities.
Desired Skills & Experience:
* Master's Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Social Sciences or similar degree with a focus on statistical methodology. PhD preferred.
* Proven track record with 4-6 years of relevant experience in advanced marketing analytics with a consulting firm preferred
* Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of advanced Statistical and analytical techniques like predictive response modeling, clustering, customer life time value, time series analysis, Market Basket Analysis, CHAID Segmentation
* Demonstrated experience in translating analytical model findings to business insights and communicating the same to non-technical audiences
* Excellent working knowledge of SAS / SQL / STATISTICA / R , MS-Office (specially, Excel & Powerpoint). Experience in SQL, Statistica & R preferred
* The candidate should be an excellent Team player and possess great interpersonal skills