1. Responsible for all the technical aspects of the projects Analysis, Designing, coding and debugging, enhancement and maintenance of Java, J2EE application systems with Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
2. Understand business requirements and convert them into technical design and drive the development team to meet the design. Provide solutions for technical challenges during implementation.
3. Design applications adhering to highest standards and provide guidelines for best coding practices to build scalable and robust applications
4. Responsible for ensuring the backend SQL queries are meeting the requirements and are tuned to meet the performance criteria
5. Interact with business stakeholders to resolve escalations and negotiate solutions in conflict scenarios. Constantly seek to get feedback from the business users and take appropriate corrective actions.
6. Carry out troubleshooting activities and provide resolution for production issues faced in various applications using various debugging mechanisms.
7. Identify and carry out periodic performance Improvement measures and load tuning exercises in the production environments.
8. Team Activities - Manage the team and maintain a healthy working environment, approve timesheets, IDP etc.
9. Keep the senior management abreast on any risks or issues and the performances of the vendor on a regular basis.
10. Conduct reviews and ensure quality of code and maintain proper documentation of the various project artefacts such as HLD, LLD, Code Review, Quality documents etc.
11. Provide effort estimations for new projects and change requests
12. Carry out periodic performance improvement exercises for all applications within core insurance stack
13. Adhering to processes and guidelines defined by Client to meet the quality standards.