Provide focused leadership, strategic direction and expertise in Sourcing Management in assigned categories. Lead Integrated teams across including worldwide extended team members responsible for commercial and quality functions. Implements supplier programs achieving benchmark levels in quality, cost, delivery and service. Executes Make versus Buy decisions and strategies for manufacturing plants. Ensures goal/project alignment with all customers. Implements cost analysis and modelling for purchases. Delivers innovation to the business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Act as an agent for the company to procure services and goods that meet specifications and schedules taking into account price, total cost, schedule opportunities for volume discounts and delivery as well as past supplier performance.
Create sourcing strategies for materials, suppliers and manufacturing facilities to maintain supply continuity, highest quality and most competitive costs
Identify and qualify suppliers including minority and woman-owned businesses for goods and services.
Establish and maintain working relationships with key suppliers.
Conduct pre-bid meetings with user areas and prospective bidders with special attention given to terms and conditions and legal requirements.
Advise and direct departments in preparing specifications and contracts for all procurement activities relating to the category area assigned.
Prepare cost analyses and cost avoidance reports to management that identifies savings.
Analyze procurement activities to maximize leverage, reduce the cost of goods and services, and strengthen the company position when negotiating with suppliers and contractors/consultants.
Advises and directs departments in preparing specifications and contracts for all procurement activities relating to the category areas assigned.
Assesses and recommends alternate suppliers as needed for contingency planning and alignment with strategic objectives
Identify strategic opportunities. Plan and execution of strategic objectives.
SKILL SETS - Strong written and verbal communication, problem solving, influencing, negotiation, project management and team leadership skills required. Must have thorough knowledge of purchasing policies, procedures, purchasing and contract law and negotiations. Knowledge of QSR's, PE Tools, and Lean Principles. Leadership training and management experience.
Reasoning Ability - Able to review and analyze business issues. Provide strategic direction.
Problem Solving - Ability to identify, analyze, resolve and control issues within their area of responsibility.
Interpersonal - Ability to work well in multi-organizational and cross-functional team environment at all levels of the organization. Sensitivity to organizational changes and requirements.
Preferable Requirements :
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required, Management degree in Operations/SCM preferred.
A minimum of 8 to 10 years of related Sourcing experience is required. Preferably 3 to 4 years in manufacturing set up.
The individual must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively in a team environment throughout all levels of the organization with ability to work across different J&J sectors. Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Be an Agent of Change and work in a dynamic environment and influence change.
Ability to motivate teams to meet and exceed their goals.
Training in Negotiations, Purchasing Law, Contracts and Purchasing Procedures is required.
- Develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities.
- Cultivate external relationships and partnerships
- Be insight-driven to uncover unmet needs
- Forge internal collaboration across levels of the enterprise
- Drive innovation; anticipate and shape industry and market changes to advance health care globally.
- Translate insights into innovative and viable products or solutions that create value
- Challenge the status quo; lead and adapt to change
- Take and properly manage risks
- Create an environment where leadership and talent development is top priority.
- Take ownership for and/or support talent acquisition, performance and development of self and others
- Leverage diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent
- Engage in transparent and constructive conversations
- Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams.
- Empower people to act with speed, agility and ensure accountability
- Demonstrate a global and/or enterprise-wide mind set
- Align goals with short- and long-term strategies