The CMOD senior developer would be responsible for all aspects of script development, installation/configuration, deployment & support of the assigned CMOD installs in a shared services model. Also for being the most senior technical offshore resource.
1. Ingestion Scripting: Creating, updating & maintaining shell/C/Perl scripts that facilitate ingesting & storing in CMOD.
2. Retention Scripting: Creating, updating & maintaining shell/C/Perl scripts that facilitate releasing and holding in CMOD/TSM.
3. Retrieval Development: Creating, updating & maintaining java code that facilitates search, render & retrieval of all types of CMOD content.
4. Operational Scripting: Creating, updating & maintaining shell/C/Perl scripts that facilitate system health alerts, record/report statistics & increase system reliability.
5. System Administration: Install, upgrade & configure CMOD software and it's components on a Unix platform.
6. Troubleshooting: Analyze, investigate problems to get root cause then follow through with research to solutions.
7. Operations: Review alerts and system statistics to identify and prevent problems. Take recommended prescribed daily steps to ensure production data is available and minimize production downtime.
8. Documentation: Create, update & maintain all documentation as needed by Company standards.
9. Communication: Participate in technical meetings. Verbal and written communication with other technical and business operations teams.
1. Scripting in an SDLC framework for product based content/reporting applications that run on Unix.
2. Verbal and written communication with international regions especially USA.
3. Software installation, configuration, system administration of software on Unix platform.
4. Troubleshooting and independent work capability.
5. All of the above in CMOD, AFP (iText, AFP2PDF) & Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), Oracle/DB2.
Skills: Primary Skills Over all the person must be a strong technical resource who learns technology quickly and can research fixes/enhancements.
1. IBM CMOD Administration
* Creating and updating on Application Groups, Applications, Folders, Storage Sets, Users, Groups.
* CMOD utilities like arsload, arsadmin, arsdoc, etc.
* Afp2pdf transformation and configuration
* System log analysis and debugging.
* CMOD storage management
2. TSM administration
* Backup and recovery
3. Unix shell scripting -- expert level
4. Core java coding -- expert level
5. Knowledge of SQL for DB2 and ORACLE
6. C/Perl coding -- basic level
7. iText integration
8. Knowledge of AFP
Secondary Skills 1.J2EE 2.Web services 3.OnDemand Web Enablement Kit (ODWEK) Competencies: Enterprise Content or Report Management