We are looking for SDEs to focus on challenging technical problems such as building state-of-the-art Information Retrieval (IR) infrastructure, extracting structured-data from unstructured-content, automatic item classification, and workflow prioritization. You would tackle difficult problems in the areas of data mining, machine learning algorithms and distributed systems of cloud-scale. The role demands a high-performing and flexible candidate who can take responsibility for success of the system and drive solutions from design to coding, testing and deployment.
You will solve technical challenges in Large Webscale Computing, Distributed Systems, Web Applications, Data Mining, Optimization, Scalability and Algorithms. You will directly interact with Business Development teams across the globe to translate their needs into technical requirements. You will build cutting-edge systems that meet challenging business and technical goals, going to play a key role in building innovative and robust solutions that drive ongoing expansion catalogs across our websites worldwide. Your solutions must be well designed, implemented, tested, deployed and supported.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field such as Mathematics or Engineering
- Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in data mining, machine learning algorithms, rules engines and workflow systems.
- Experience in designing and implementing information retrieval, web mining and classification algorithms.
- A deep understanding of software development life cycle and a good track record of shipping software on time
- Deep technical expertise and hands-on architectural understanding of cloud-scale distributed and service-oriented architectures.
- Strong experience in building distributed systems and multi-threaded programming
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, big O analysis and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
- Has delivered large-scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services
- Solid programming skills in Java and a deep understanding of object oriented design.
- Advanced knowledge of data structures and at ease in optimizing algorithms
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities and a clear commitment to making a great place to work
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting on Perl/Ruby/Python.
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and ability to deliver results
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, listening and decision making skills, with strong ability and passion for interacting with engineering as well as business teams.
Desired Profile Preferred Qualifications
- Agile practices and methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum
- Experience with Service-oriented architectures
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations