The Data Scientist will work with the founders and development team as well as a growing ecosystem of business partners and customers to build cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, real time intelligence that scale the business.
- Develop machine learning algorithms, ability to handle big data questions. Should have strong experience in Applied Statistics/Mathematics.
- Demonstrated success in real-time data infrastructures that process large volumes of data.
- Successful track record of delivering highly scalable infrastructures that collect, store and process hundreds of millions of interactions per day.
- Experience building predictive modeling and analysis systems using Neural Networks, Data Mining, and
- Machine Learning methodologies, especially familiarity with regression and clustering analysis.
- Develop system specifications, and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior data scientists.
- Manage projects on time and on budget to meet project specifications using scrum/agile methodologies.
Requirements: 3-10+ years experience
(Preferred) Masters degree in computer science, applied math, or statistics with 6+ year experience in software development, machine learning, data mining
(Preferred) PhD degree in computer science, applied math, or statistics with 5+ year experience in software development, machine learning, data mining.
- Strong proficiency in Java programming and statistical programming, e.g. R, Matlab, Python.
- Experience with the several of the following is a plus but not required: MySql, Python, Ajax, Unix, JSON.
- Experience with scrum/agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Excellent and written communication skills in English.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.