Person in this position is responsible for configuring and deploying the Operating System along with proprietary and 3rd party tools and applications,
prepare and deliver product patches and updates for the Measurement, Test and Simulation (MTS) system.
The MTS system provides means for data acquisition, recording, replaying, simulation or analysis during the development and validation phase of
To achieve this objective the person has to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- assess, agree and update requirements at the OS level for MTS system
- design the OS component layout and configuration, and continuously improve the system in regards to performance, stability and usability.
- define and implement a deployment procedure for the OS and Applications as well as provide and deploy updates and patches to customers devices.
- assess, acquire and integrate 3rd party software to complement proprietary MTS software, and keep track of 3rd party software and OS updates.
- design support components, scripts or tools required by the MTS system according to agreed requirements.
- schedule, assign and keep track of the development work in the team and report status to management
- valida te and deliver OS releases according to time schedule
- Linux internals, exposure to linux programming.
Required skills and experience
- good project management skills (incl. effort / cost estimation, project planning, monitoring, risk management)
- 2+ years experience with Windows Embedded Standard 7, 8 and/or XP Embedded (configuring, optimizing and deploying components)
- 5+ years experience with Windows OS (7, 8 or Vista) (administration and/or programming applications - must be recent)
- knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows Embedded 7 techonogies
- knowledge of C/C++, Python programming languages and experience with programming windows applications.
- experience with windows batch scripting
- basic knowledge of SW testing concepts