Responsibilities will include:
* Responsibilities may include, on a project by project basis,
The management of signal engineering input into: feasibility studies/option analysis/appraisal; scheme development; detailed design; design checking; project management; technical advisor; project engineering; acting as responsible design engineer.
* In collaboration with other discipline colleagues, carry out business development as required
* Contribution to the engineering input to multi-disciplinary railway engineering (design and consultancy) projects
* Observation of company quality, health and safety, environmental, commercial and project management disciplines and procedures, as relevant to tasks undertaken
- IRSE 1.1.160 Signalling Design Verifier and/or 1.1.145 Signalling Design Manager licence.
- Ideally an electrical engineering degree or alternatively, a suitable rail industry recognized qualification
- Extensive experience in signalling design and engineering management within a consultancy environment
- Ability to plan and produce compliant signalling schemes with minimum supervision Knowledge of signalling principles, circuits, components and the implications of working with other disciplines
- Must be a good team worker and decision maker - Customer focused with commercial and financial awareness.
There may also be a need to travel to other locations within the UK and overseas.