IT is key enabler for business. There are multiple IT projects which are executed in a harmonized way
and deployed globally. The role would be accountable for all the activities related to Build, Test and Deploy of Big Bet projects for global IT projects. Service Delivery Lead would be assigned to one or more Global Big bets. He/she would be end to end responsible for delivery of the projects.
. The key objective of the role is to enable:
* Ensure 'On Time in Full' Delivery of Project
* Harmonized delivery model by using well defined Global project methodology (GPD)
* Drive Capital Efficiencies
* Reduction in complexity and drive towards convergence.
* Ensure Resilient and robust solution.
As part of the responsibility, Delivery Lead focuses impact analysis & build capability on Global Apps and acts as Single point of Contact for Infrastructure Functional team.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
The main accountabilities of a Service delivery lead are as follows:
* Meeting project requirements as specified, on time, in budget, with no or low impact on existing system performance/operation
* Takes responsibility & ownership of documentation and safe execution of GSD projects, actively participating in phases of the project funnel from feasibility.
* Managing the process of development and sign-off of functional specifications for each project/group of changes.
* Actively contributing to the designing, costs and time estimates for the Project build & delivery
* QA'ing (and challenging) business requirements and ensuring that these are completed to the appropriate standard and level of detail and clarity.
* Ensuring development of conceptual designs for each project through vendor partners to deliver the business requirements, balanced with the need for simplicity, reusability.
* Tracking all activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders, as appropriate and managing stakeholder expectations.
* Monitoring and controlling team performance against plans.
* Flagging and managing design risk across regional systems. Avoiding design divergence
(design conflicts) across regions and propose solutions for cross system design conflicts.
Non Project-Based Activities:
Outside of the specific project-based work set out above, each Lead will be expected to:
Develop a good understanding of future technology and architecture directions, including the opportunities for new functionality and reduced TCO created by these.
Generate and drive ideas for continuous improvement, simplification and reduced TCO in the existing systems landscape supporting Convergence through process and system harmonisation.
Develop relationships, with key stakeholders in the SMEs, Business Operations, and with key business owners, with strategic suppliers and 3rd party IT service providers to help both drive and share this knowledge base.
To provide all the necessary inputs to reference client team for carrying out checks/ validations/ conflicts/delta conditions for the big bets project on different landscapes and measure convergence/divergence
Good influencing styles and networking ability
* Team leadership and management
* Ability to work effectively in complex matrix organisations involving outsourced operations
* Strong business analysis skills and good business awareness to drive business process improvement
* Ability to understand and apply new technologies/applications to deliver effective IT solutions
* Deep understanding of application development methodology, techniques and standards
* Project management and delivery processes
* Delivery focus with quality with around 6-8 years of experience
Relevant Experience (Essential)
Proven experience in business analysis and business process improvement
Project management experience of significant sized and complex projects, with a proven
track record of delivery.
Experience of managing teams (possible across multiple locations)
Extensive knowledge of relevant processes and IT solutions in area of responsibility
Experience of business case and project contract development
Appreciation of IT systems landscapes and impact of architecture decisions on quality and
Technical specialist in the IBM specific IT technologies or applications