Quality Control/ Quality Assurance - Software
IT/ Technology - Software/ Services
- Design, develop, document, and maintain automated tests suites for web and mobile applications
- Conduct peer code reviews and mentor junior associates
- Collaborate with other technical resources to:
- Suggest improvements for processes, best practices, and standards
- Understand requirements
- Identify opportunities to improve maintainability of automation platform
- Understand and apply Test Driven Development (TDD) concepts to test and debug automated solutions and custom tools.
- Ability to analyze the application and prepare an automation strategy for various levels (UI, services, database, etc)
- Ability to spot automation opportunities beyond automation of regression suite. For e.g. automation of integration testing, batch testing, prod readiness checks, mobile applications etc.
- Estimate, track and maintain automation ROI
- Writing test cases, executing tests, logging defects and estimating work effort
- Reviewing peer test cases and providing valuable feedback
- Editing and updating team documents (Excel and Word), status reports
- Triaging and troubleshooting defects with the development team
- Generating and reporting defect reports
- Interacting with System/Business Analysts to understand the scope of requirements clearly
- Developing automation scripts when required.
- Experience with Java/J2ee, Oracle PL/SQL, SOA
- Quality Assurance/Test Automation experience will be added advantage.
- Must have practical experience and solid understanding of some of the technologies/tools like: QC, SQL, Web Services, .NET, QTP, Soap Sonar ,Soap UI
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Ability to produce good quality of automation code that can run consistently without breaking
- Ability to create and maintain documentation wherever necessary
- Expertise in writing and executing Test Plans and Strategies
- Expertise in Test Data Management
- Familiarity/experience with UI/Web Service/DB Test Automation
- Solid SQL Skill
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience.